As of 2022.06.14, by consulting https://explorer.helium.com/hotspots ，the statistical analysis is as follows.
- Only 71% of the devices were online.
- Only 58% of the devices, within 24H, were gaining revenue.
- Here we Analysis and give you suggestions for solutions.
1. How to check the status of your device
It is recommended that you check the online status of your device daily via the COTX Hotspot Cloud Service (https://www.cotx-sg.io/hotspot) or the helium app, COTX app and other tools.
This includes whether it is online, firmware version number, Miner version number, and block height (if the block height is more than 300 blocks behind, It can mean that the network is not working properly).
For COTX devices, the COTX Hotspot Cloud Service now supports remote viewing of the RF Analysis Tool. All Witnessed Beacon received by the hotspot can be recorded remotely so that you can analysis the RF working status of the device.
2. Analysis and recommendations for offline hotspots
2.1. Off-line cause: abnormal power supply
Check the hotspot power indicator.
If the green light on the front panel of COTX X3 is lit, it means the power supply is normal.
Otherwise, please check if the power adapter, USB Cable, PWR INPUT power connector, etc. are normal.
If the PWR INPUT power connector fails, you can open the enclosure and power the unit directly from the internal Raspberry Pi TYPC-C connector.
Also, you can contact your dealer request for a new retrofit enclosure that supports the Raspberry Pi TYPC-C interface to replace it yourself.
2.2. Reason for going offline: Network anomaly
Check the network status indicator or screen message.
The Internet icon on the COTX X3 LED screen (you need to click the Bluetooth button to light up the screen) is normal.
If it is not normal, please try to check your network status. We strongly recommend that you use a wired network and remove the wifi connection.
In addition, we have found that some networks may have DNS resolution errors and other issues, causing the hotspot to fail to connect to the OTA server and validator properly, resulting in offline, no upgrade, no POC activity, no revenue, etc.
It is recommended that you verify the network status by pingig www.s3.amazonaws.com -n 20 from your PC on the same network as the hotspot.
If the packet loss rate is too high, we recommend using a wired connection, changing carriers, or enabling VPN in your router.
Soon we will add pinging www.s3.amazonaws.com to the network tools in WEB Management in X3 so that you do not need to authenticate to the network via your PC.
2.3. Offline cause: software anomaly
- The software's green indicator lights up, but the screen does not light up when the Bluetooth button is clicked.
- After plugging in the network cable, checking the screen reveals that the IP cannot be acquired properly.
- The device network works fine, but cannot be upgraded to the latest firmware and Miner version.
- The device network is normal, but the COTX Hotspot Cloud Service platform shows offline.
If the above problem occurs, it may be caused by a missing file on the SD card, we suggest re-burning the SD card or replacing the SD card.
SD card failure solutions：
Please open the link below to download the firmware file and Operating documentation. Then burn the SD card.
10MB/sec + 32G or above SD card can meet the system requirements.
2.4. Reasons for going offline: hardware anomalies
If you suspect a hardware problem with your device. Please contact us and we will confirm your problem and provide a repair service.
We do not recommend that you repair it yourself and destroy the circuit board.
2.5. Reasons for disconnection: other anomalies
Perhaps, some people are using 4G network traffic costs, ROI and other various reasons to actively choose to take their device offline.
We recommend that.
1. Regarding traffic, it is expected that within a few weeks, Helium will stop block syncing for hotspots and completely switch to Real light mode, which is expected to reduce traffic usage by more than 90%.
2. Regarding ROI, COTX has newly launched Flexi Mining function (MYST has already started BETA testing, CCN is expected to start BETA testing in 1-2 weeks), which supports multiple mining, no professional operation is required, you can open it on your own with one click through WEB UI, and simply boost your device's revenue, don't miss it.
3. Analysis and recommendations for 24H non-revenue hotspots (42%)
3.1. Bringing hotspots online
Check the status of your device according to the above, and bring it online.
Ensure that the hotspot network is working and the version has been upgraded to the latest version.
3.2. Check the status of the hotspot RF operation
For COTX devices, the COTX Hotspot Cloud Service now supports remote viewing of the RF Analysis Tool. All witness received by the hotspot can be recorded remotely so that you can analyse the RF operating status of your equipment.
3.3. Helium's latest progress on Flatline
Helium has been working hard to resolve Flatline and believes that improvements will be made soon.
In any case, please check your hotspots and bring your devices online in a timely manner.
3.4. COTX Flexi Mining Progress
- MYST has started BETA testing and is expected to be officially released soon, with everyone being able to open it themselves.
- CCN is expected to start BETA testing in 1-2 weeks.
- More currencies are in the pipeline.
The graph below is derived from the proceeds of MYST mining performed by real users' equipment.
You can find out more real information from other users about COTX Flexi Mining on our DISCORD (https://discord.gg/cotxnetworks) channel.
Finally, feel free to visit the COTX Mall and purchase items.